This episode dives into an incremental simplifying release to Libsyn, Spotify allowing direct access to their Spotify-specific performance stats, follow up on wireless recording with the Zoom H6, handling bonus episode numbering, recording quality tips, random podcasts dot com, the fastest podcast hosts and finally mean and median number stats! And there is a lot more in between, so yes, this is a jammed packed one.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 2:37 PROMO 1: Two Are Gathered In Leadership
- 4:02 Elsie and Rob Conversation
- Rob has some feedback for Stranger Things 3 and Amazon Prime Day
- We have a simplifyng easy release to the Libsyn interface!
- Spotify feature that allows individual creators to have more direct access to their Spotify-specific performance statistics
- 25:51 PROMO 2: Two Are Gathered In Leadership
- People do care about privacy, so watch out podcast businesses based on taking advantage of listeners podcasters
- What’s the difference between PandoraRSSCrawler and Pandora as a user agent?
- A better solution available than spending $700 or so on a pro-grade wireless mic system
- 33:32 AUDIO FEEDBACK about how to number bonus episode numbers on your feed
- Yes, the description field is going away from iTunes and the Apple Podcasts app
- You should clear out anything that is in the Summary section as it will be depricated soon
- Elsie shares some tips on how to continue to write a summary of your episodes and use it for your marketing
- A rant about excited
- Covering a bit about recording quality
- Podcasts appearing in the wrong order in iTunes and how to fix that
- iTunes not showing all 300 episodes of your show
- When the audio player is pre-loading
- 56:57 Why did you leave us segment
- A tool for discovering new podcasts called Random Podcasts dot Com
- Wondery received $10 million more in VC funding
- Podimo raised 6 Million Euros as well
- Tips for getting your local podcasting group started
- Why Elsie is a little bit excited about the Bullet App
- 1:19:07 PROMO 3: Pop Culturally Deprived
- STATS: Mean and median numbers
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Promo 1: Two Are Gathered In Leadership
- Promo 2: Pod With Me
- Promo 3: Pop Culturally Deprived
- Suzy from The Casual Birder Podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Podcasting Quickstart July 17
- Amazon Prime Day will actually be two days this year
- Your podcast, on Spotify
- Independent audit finds Facebook activity has fallen by 20% since Cambridge Analytica
- Sennheiser AVX MKE2 Lavalier Pro Wireless Set from Borrown Lenses
- Feds Announce Rule for Selling 600MHz Wireless Mics
- Will Increasing your Bit Rate equal More Listeners?
- Stop Making Podcasts
- Who Offers the Fastest Podcast Hosting? – TAP335
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Utah Podcast Summit
- Outlier Conference
- Podcast Movement
- She Podcasts Conference
- Content Marketing World
- Military Influencer Conference
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.