Here’s what you need to do to participate!
1) Create a CLEAN piece of audio between 2–10 minutes that tells us a story about the impact of podcasting in your life.
● It can be purely about you.
● It can be purely about your audience.
● It can be around a single incident, piece of feedback, experience inspired by podcasting.
● It can revolve around your general experience of podcasting.
You must open the episode with this script:
“Welcome to Thanks, Podcasting where you’ll get to hear stories of inspiration, transformation and impact because of podcasting. My name is <your name> from <your podcast> over at <website>“
You can be as creative as you’d like to be with the audio after the intro. This is YOUR episode. Imagine like this is your show 🙂
You can be as simple and raw as you’d like or go all nuts with adding crazy audio elements. Podcasting has no boundaries!
DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF MATERIAL THAT MIGHT BE INFRINGING ON ANYONE’S COPYRIGHT.
Prompts you can use:
- Without podcasting I…
- It’s because of podcasting that I…
- It’s when I’m podcasting that I…
- Podcasting allowed me to…
2) Add these two audio elements to your piece of audio (right click to download the audio file)
- Intro – before your audio (hint: you can start the script mentioned in 1. at about the 12-15 second mark!)
- Outro – after your audio
3) Encode your final piece of audio
THIS IS THE ENCODING THAT YOU MUST USE.
Final audio must be an MP3.
- Stereo Bit Rate: 192 kpbs (in Mono this gets cut in half)
- Sample rate: 44 kHz
- Channels: Mono or Joint Stereo
- Stereo Bit Rate: 128 kbps
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Channels: Stereo
- Stereo Mode: Joint Stereo
DO NOT use Variable Bit Rate. You want your MP3 files to be CBR (Constant Bit Rate). VBR = Bad. CBR = Good. Here is a link to more on why VBR = Bad
4) Add these ID3 tags aka meta data to your audio file:
- Title: Come up with whatever title you desire
- Artist: Your name(s) and podcast
- Album: Thanks, Podcasting
- Album artist: Libsyn.com
- Artwork: Your podcast artwork
- Genre: Podcast
5) Send your audio to [email protected] with the title Thanks, Podcasting.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PRODUCER AND/OR SHOW.
All submissions will then be aggregated, shared and promoted through the Thanks, Podcasting podcast.
Please follow all 6 of the above instructions – if you do not, no soup for you.
If your audio is is shorter than 2 min or longer than 10 min your entry is not valid.
If your final piece of audio is not encoded per the above, your entry is not valid.
If your piece of audio is missing the proper ID3 tags as mentioned above, your entry is not valid.
If you do not email your audio to [email protected] your entry is not valid.
Here’s a check list you can download to make it easy for you 🙂
You can right click to download OR here’s the direct link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/imake/ThanksPodcastingChecklist.pdf
Looking forward to getting your submissions!