Get the scoop on data on CPMs from Advertisecast, workflows for publishing back catalogue to YouTube, what stats you can expect from Facebook Podcasts, tool talk on good quality XLR cables and monitoring headphones and of course we have stats, geographic and user agent!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected]om, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:52 PROMO 1: Yoga With Clara
- 3:24 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Quick catch up
- 7:35 Audio feedback from Michael
- Some words from Rob
- Apple had a September event! What does that mean for podcasters?
- Condolences to Norm MacDonald’s family and loved ones
- Advertisecast released some numbers about average prices for CPM’s in the industry
- Is there a way to bulk upload a podcast back catalogue to YouTube
- Google is only showing the latest 500 episodes, how can I fix this?
- Congratulations to Chris Hill and the Motley Fool Money team for hitting 2000 episodes for more than one podcast!
- NAB was cancelled
- Clarifying what shows up in your download stats from Facebook: there is a difference between cross-posting via Libsyn and the native Facebook podcast support
- Seems like there are some delays with podcasts updating in Facebook podcasts
- 31:05 PROMO 2: Audio Fuzzy
- Hot Pod was acquired by Vox Media!
- A tip on some not cheap monitoring headphones
- What are some good quality XLR cables?
- Folks! YouTube has a podcast!
- Samsung Free is expanding to more countries
- Where were YOU? The Mandalore podcast was at the Calgary Expo
- 48:30 PROMO 3: B Squad Hotrod
- 49:00 Stats: Geographic and User Agent
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- The September Apple Event 2021
- Liberated Syndication Reports August Podcast Advertising Rates
- Repost: Norm Macdonald from 2011]
- The Verge enters agreement to acquire Hot Pod
- 1 Foot – AES/EBU Digital Audio Cable CUSTOM MADE By WORLDS BEST CABLES – using Mogami 3080 wire and Neutrik NC3MXX-B & NC3FXX-B Gold XLR Plugs
- YouTube Launches First Podcast, Exploring How Online Creators Have Found Success
- Watch the Latino Podcast (non) Listener Report
- Meet-up! Spots are limited: Podcast Planning: Reach Your 2021 Year-End Goals
Where Libsyn is going
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.