On this episode you’ll get the scoop on exactly where GGTOTDTY came from, how to get a network on Apple Podcasts, changes coming to YouTube, the Google Podcasts update, how to make your influence go down, the upcoming Latino Podcasts Non-Listener report, what kind of stats should you expect to get from your show and of course that takes us into the mean and median download stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:39 PROMO 1: Tomorrow’s Legends
- 3:18 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Recounting exactly where GGTOTDY came from! Thank you Matt!
- Rob shares his thoughts about Only Murders in the Building and podcasting
- Why someone can’t find their network in Apple Podcasts, only individual shows
- Some changes coming to YouTube that might affect podcasters
- Google Podcasts has rolled out and update!
- 19:50 PROMO 2: Jack Russell Parents
- Rob is looking for podcasts hosted on Libsyn to submit to Amazon Music to submit for a Halloween feature
- A way to to bulk migrate shows that are already on Apple Podcasts to a new Apple ID
- It looks like Facebook Podcasts have rolled out to Android users!
- 30:00 Audio feedback from John: Headliner is awesome and promote during Promote Yourself Friday!
- Seems like if you go behind a paywall, your influence goes down
- There’s a new app called Shuffle
- Shout out to Relay.FM and St. Jude – DONATE
- Check out The International Women’s Podcast Awards!
- Discussing the Latino Podcaster Non-Listener Report and Elsie co-hosting with Gabe
- Apple is going to allow direct links from apps to sign up for premium content
- Facebook Podcast numbers seems to be having an impact on download numbers
- What are the kind of stats that you should expect to get from your show
- 1:03:34 PROMO 3: Great Monologues Coaching Call Podcast
- 1:04:06 Stats – mean and median
- Where have we been!
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: Tomorrow’s Legends
- PROMO 2: Jack Russell Parents
- PROMO 3: Great Monologues Coaching Call Podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- ‘Only Murders in the Building’: A Podcast Parody That Shoots to Kill
- Create a channel on Apple Podcasts
- The next phase for searching on YouTube
- Google Podcasts gets a fresh UI that simplifies sorting through your endless library of episodes
- Contact Apple via this link
- Joe Rogan, confined to Spotify, is losing influence
- Shuffle App
- Relay FM for St. Jude
- Donate to St. Jude here
- Stephen Hackett’s story, September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month]
- International Women’s Podcast Awards
- Apple will allow some media apps to link outside the App Store for payments
- Japan Fair Trade Commission closes App Store investigation
- Get the Hispanic Living Magazine with the feature of “All Ears: Five Latinas are leading the way in the podcasting world – should be available by September 15, 2021
Where Libsyn is going
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.