OMG Audacity was acquired, clarifying more about the Apple Podcasts summary tag, how to get promoted on Amazon Music, podcasting music history, testing a new voice feedback service, stats, geographic and user agent and folks listening to this, we have a segment where we speak to your Amazon smart speaker — over and over and over — so please make sure you’re wearing headphones!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message voicelink.fm/thefeed. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:58 PROMO 1: Your Brain on Facts
- 3:28 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Talking about the Apple Podcasts summary tag and why you should no longer use it
- Audacity was acquired! WUT?
- Apple Podcasts has been working around the clock to get the issues cleaned up!
- Getting a new Apple ID to log into Apple Podcasts Connect
- A service for your listeners to get your podcast delivered via email – it’s called Blogtrottr
- 14:44 What do you need to know about podcasting privacy? Audio feedback from Stacy
- Shout-out to Voicelink.fm
- Started publishing episodes 2 times a week and podcast downloads went down by a lot – help?
- 25:30 PROMO 2: Legends From The Pacific
- How to get your show promoted on the Amazon Music service!
- Elsie and Rob might turn on your Alexa as they talk through asking Alexa to play a podcast
- How to figure out how many plays or downloads are coming from the Libsyn player on the website
- 33:47 Does libsyn also offer website hosting? Audio feedback from Chaplain Jared
- Spotify adds timestamped podcast sharing!
- 41:27 A bit of music in podcasting history – audio feedback from Jason
- Sometimes seasons make podcast episodes disappear
- Best tweet of the week!
- Worst email of the week
- 54:10 PROMO 3: Louisville Cycling Podcast
- Stats! Geographic and user agent
- Where have we been? In A Few Minutes and Podcasting for Coaches
- Where are we going? We Are Podcasts, Libsyn Meet-up and Libsyn Webinars
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Your Brain On Facts
- PROMO 2: Legends From The Pacific
- PROMO 3: Louisville Cycling Podcast
- Stacy from Diabetes Connection
- Chaplain Jared from The Christian Meditation Podcast
- Jason from from Radio BSOTS
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Audacity has been acquired by Muse Group, which also owns MuseScore and Ultimate Guitar
- Amazon Music Podcasts Listen On Amazon Music Buttons
- Spotify adds timestamped podcast sharing and other social features
- CC Mixter
- Best tweet of the week from And Now We Drink
- Rob on Ken Ray’s In A Few Minutes
- 107: Getting to Know Libsyn 5 and Glow.fm with Elsie Escobar – from Podcasting For Coaches
- Libsyn 5 Update! Webinar
- Podcast Episode Notes Deep Dive Meet-up
- DEI For Podcasters Audience Value and Growth
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.