Starting off right off the bat with a ton of information and the mind-blowing amount of podcasting news: The Apple Event, subscriptions, Spotify, Facebook, Libsyn 5 & feedback, clarification about tags, keywords, and categories on Apple Podcasts, using the Zoom H2N as an external microphone, and of course mean and median numbers
Come hang out with Elsie Escobar and Rob Greenlee in the very first Clubhouse event in club LibsynPod! May 4 at 3 pm ET – You can join through this link! https://www.joinclubhouse.com/club/libsynpod So sorry, iOS only for now 🥺
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected], call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message voicelink.fm/thefeed. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 3:15 PROMO 1: Thrive Sister Thrive!
- 3:43 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- 6:03 Getting to it, the Apple Event and podcasting!
- 7:53 What about those Apple Podcasts subscriptions?
- And the trouble?
- iPad Pros, pretty iMacs and such
- 25:51 Spotify and Facebook
- 31:13 Spotify subscriptions!
- “Will we be able to distribute our podcasts to Facebook?”
- 44:05 A bit of an update about Libsyn 5
- Getting 3 hosts and guests on the individual episodes that they are on
- Search traffic has dropped 40% for Joe Rogan since his Spotify exclusive began
- 53:36 PROMO 2: The Salty Yak Podcast
- Where has podcasting been? In movies and commercials!
- What about those tags and keywords?
- 58:35 Clarification about categories, and will they give you more exposure?
- Getting your show back on Spotify
- 1:01:43 Using an H2N to podcast – Elsie tips!
- Timecodes and dynamic ad insertions
- 1:10:46 PROMO 3: The Radio Vagabond
- 1:11:18 Stats: mean and median
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- The Apple 2021 Event
- Share, Explore, and Discover Music and Podcasts via Spotify in the Facebook App
- Spotify launches podcast subscriptions, but you can’t subscribe in-app
- Facebook is building its own in-app podcast player
- Be Heard: Bringing Social Audio Experiences to Facebook
- What Radio Broadcasters Need to Know About Facebook and Apple’s Podcasting Announcements
- Apple Podcasts Hosts and Guests
- Google Searches for ‘Joe Rogan’ Have Dropped 40% Since His Spotify Exclusive Began
- HUMIRA Commercial: ‘Remission Is Possible’ (2021)
- The Libsyn 5 where you can see Elsie using the H2N with the 3 year old bangs
- The LibsynPod on Clubhouse!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.