More acquisitions, breaking down iOS 14.5 updates, plus a bit of a clarification from Rob, the privacy conversation and when the pendulum swings back, The Feed was listened to in the Arctic! Podcasters on the cover of a magazine, the worth of festivals and awards, stats geographic and user again plus a bonus recap of The Infinite Dial data!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:59 PROMO 1: Backyard Ecology
- 3:28 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- Podcorn acquired by Entercom
- Update on iOS 14.5 and the new features
- When eCamm Call Recorder keeps working
- Auto-updating player that updates to the latest episode
- 15:38 Audio feedback – listener privacy
- The pendulum swinging back, when a brand does not want to advertise with you if you are tracking your audience
- Questions about Gaana’s TOS
- Our show was listened to in the Arctic! This is amazing!!!
- A request to Apple and Spotify to offer prepaid music plans for military members
- Overcast episode artwork changes, how and when does that happen?
- 27:53 PROMO 2: Video Fuzzy
- Where have YOU been? Getting featured on a magazine cover!
- Festivals and awards shows, are they worth it?
- Do podcast category settings have an impact on search in Apple Podcasts?
- When the world’s biggest flower is your episode artwork
- Good bots and bad bots
- 42:27 PROMO 3: Mojo For Musicians
- 43:00 STATS: Geographic and user agent
- A recap of the Infinite Dial data
- Where have we been
- Where are we going
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Entercom Buys Podcorn Podcasting Ad-Tech Platform For Up To $22.5 Million
- The Difference Between the Current & NEW Apple Podcast App
- LARGEST FLOWER PICTURE! Mongabay Explores Sumatra: Solutions and optimism that drive conservation
- the infinite dial 2021
- Demystifying Visibility: Podcast Branding Beyond the Cover Art – if you missed it you can get the replay!
- Libsyn 5 Q & A and Demo – if you missed it you can get the replay!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.