Updates! Apple Podcasts 14.5 and what you should expect, The most important information for podcasters from the Spotify event, Podcast Movement submissions are open, CDPA is signed into law and what that means for podcasting, no, Spotify is not bigger than Apple Podcasts, mean and median download numbers + bonus data on the appropriate length for podcast episodes.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:59 PROMO 1: Backyard Ecology
- 3:21 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- It seems like Vitamin D looks just like Melatonin, now you know
- Update on Apple Podcasts iOS 14.5 and what you should expect
- The most important information for podcasters from the Spotify event
- Goats traveling in cars
- Elsie got a new standing boom arm
- Podcast Movement submission are open
- An article about podcasting and adtech that got things right
- Virginia’s governor signed CDPA into law and what that means for privacy and podcasting
- What to look for when you’re asked to be part of a podcast network
- Where have YOU been? Why [email protected] of course!
- 12 years of Tapping Q & A! Happy birthday!
- 41:14 PROMO 2: Location Sound Podcast
- Why did you leave us? Flaky co-hosts!
- Is there a way to upload a different picture or size graphic for YouTube?
- It seems like the narrative of Spotify being bigger than Apple Podcasts is still going strong
- 50:48 PROMO 3: Podcast4Scifi
- 51:18 Stats, stats, stats! Median and mean numbers!
- What is the appropriate length of a podcast? We’ve got data
- Where have you been? Slumberland, Podwoman and Amplifying Her Voice
- Where are we going? Awesome Libsyn webinars!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Podcast Companies Are Betting on Advertising Technology to Boost Business, but Some Remain Hesitant
- Virginia’s Gov. Signs The Customer Data Protection Act Into Law
- Spotify podcast listener numbers will surpass Apple’s this year
- Spotify Bigger Than Apple? Really?
- Elsie on Slumberland “Sugar Smacks”
- Amplifying Her Voice
- Demystifying Visibility: Podcast Branding Beyond the Cover Art
- Libsyn 5 Q & A and Demo
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.