So many acquisitions! And this time we get in the game with acquiring Auxbus, chatting about Quilt, Spotify takedowns and patents, Vurbl, podcaster in the news, updates on the Google block tag, and Apple Podcasts podcasting strategy plus download stats, this time geographic and user agent!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:19 PROMO 1: Living a Life in Full
- 2:56 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- An update on Super Bowl advertising numbers. Woah.
- Feedback for speaking truth and a goat zoom call service!
- We purchased AuxBus, yahoo!
- iHeart has acquired Triton from Scripps
- And goodness, MORE Acast acquired RadioPublic
- Quilt! Another audio community
- Spotify was sending out some notifications of podcasts that were removed for content takedowns
- And Spotify there was a story going around about a Spotify patent that would allow them to suggest audio content based on your mood
- 18:50 Audio feedback from Moxie, so let’s talk about Vurbl
- Where have you been? Congrats to Kimberly Sumpter
- 27:00 PROMO 2: Sneaky Art Podcast
- eCamm Call Recorder is going away! And what we are doing to adjust
- More numbering questions
- Why would you want to add the Google block tag to your feed? We got an answer!
- Ad insertion tool feedback
- Podcasts on Amazon Music are now available in Canada
- Why did you leave us segment
- Remember when we first talked about Apple Podcasts and their possible strategy for creating podcasts?
- Followed up by covering what has just been announced about Apple Podcasts and their podcasting strategy
- 45:56 PROMO 3: Weird Darkness
- Advanced stats! Geographic and user agent
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going: PODFEST!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- CBS Set Super Bowl Record With $545M In Ad Revenue, Research Firm Estimates
- Auxbus PR
- IHeartMedia to buy Triton Digital for $230 million in podcast push
- Acast acquires podcasting startup RadioPublic
- Quilt, an audio social network focused on self care, raises $3.5 million in seed
- Spotify’s latest invention monitors your speech, determines your emotional state…and suggests music based on it
- Kimberly Sumpter video on local news!
- Call Recorder for Skype is joining the Hall of Fame
- Apple Plans to Bankroll Original Podcasts to Fend Off Rivals
- For All Mankind: The Official Podcast
- Paid Content Subscriptions – Selling Your Podcast webinar!
- Amplifying Her Voice
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.