Covering iOS beta 14.5 and big changes to Apple Podcasts, a new strategy for promoting our podcast via blog, Stitcher search results, a changing podcast artwork, getting the video of your transcoded audio podcast, data privacy discussion inspired by Tim Cook and stats, this time, mean and median download numbers!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:51 PROMO 1: The Perfect Stool
- 3:45 Rob and Elsie Convo!
- Oh wowza! Pretty big change to the Apple Podcasts App in iOS 14.5 beta – the biggest change in quite some time
- The many ways this change could possibly change so much about what we currently know about Apple Podcasts (speculation on steroids)
- Should you include episode numbers in the title in Apple Podcasts?
- 18:44 PROMO 2: In Clear Focus
- MacBook Air and the keyboard issues!
- New The Feed strategy going on on the blog
- The problem with Stitcher search
- A tip on changing your show artwork
- How to get the video of your episode audio to crosspost in different audio platforms
- Oh, oh! VODcasting making a comeback? Ummmmmmmm
- How can show owners see how many downloads are generated per dedicated/custom tracking URL that they create
- 46:29 AUDIO FEEDBACK: Pandora issues via Stephane
- A quote from Tim Cook on data privacy
- Why did you leave us?
- A little perspective time for the Podcast industry
- Chartable a pretty in depth amount of podcast consumption data!
- 1:02:14 PROMO 3: Legends from The Pacific
- 1:02:45 Stats! Mean and median numbers
- Where are we going?
- Where have we been?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro
- The Best Boom Arms for Your Home Podcasting Studio
- The Benefits of Seasons for Your Podcast
- Adam Carolla on the ‘evolution of podcasting’
- Tim Cook May Have Just Ended FacebookLooks like it’s no more Mr. Nice Guy.
- Podcasts Power Through The Pandemic
- The Shure Microphone webinar!
- Rob on Own Thy Audience – Why Podcasting Leads All The Audience Enagagement Channels So Far
- Paid Content Subscriptions – Selling Your Podcast
- Show Your Podcast Some Love – All About Upgrades For 2021
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.