In late March 2021, The Podcast Academy will recognize and award 24 podcasts, individuals, or teams with an “Ambies Award!” It is a celebration of those who have created quality and inspiring podcast audio for billions around the world.
This live-streamed global event will celebrate and promote the best and most compelling podcasts in the world on March 28, 2021, at 5 pm PST from Los Angeles, California. The Podcast Academy is excited to produce this show with Podcast Movement.
The Podcast Academy members pay $100 for submission, and non-members pay $175. The organization membership costs $100, and Students can join for $75 on our website.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic situation and the forecasted continued travel restriction recommendations, the ceremony will be closed to the public and held on a videocast soundstage. The hour-long live-streamed Ambies Awards event will be co-hosted by two well-known and popular podcast hosts.
Following the lead of such events as the Emmys, the audience will see the award winners reacting in real-time through this virtual event. The live-streaming and on-demand after-event playback of the Ambies Awards ceremony will be available to a worldwide audience. The Podcast Academy looks forward to working with the community to encourage and excite listeners to attend.
The Podcast Academy Mission Statement
- The Podcast Academy celebrates excellence in podcasting and elevates podcasts’ awareness as an indispensable medium for entertainment, information, and creative expression.
- We recognize outstanding achievement in podcasting through annual awards conferred by industry peers.
- We value individual and organizational creators alike, of all backgrounds and means, and define achievement through the values of quality, creativity, innovation, inclusion, and impact.
- The Podcast Academy provides community, professional development, and industry connections through inclusive, dynamic programming.
- We are a transparent, flexible organization that adjusts with the times and the needs of its members and the public, always aiming to serve and celebrate creators while broadening listenership to podcasting as a whole.
About the Author
Rob Greenlee is the current VP, Content, and Partnerships at Liberated Syndication or Libsyn.com (LSYN). He is the current Chairperson of The Podcast Academy and was inducted into the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame in 2017. His career started on radio in 1999 and then podcasting in 2004 with the first nationally syndicated radio show, “WebTalk World Radio Show”. He currently co-hosts the “New Media Show,” a weekly audio and video podcast that streams LIVE at NewMediaShow.com. Connect with Rob at robg(at)libsyn(dot)com.