On this episode, the new Apple Podcasts Web player, do ratings for your show really matter? Why some platforms are great for some shows and not others, people downloading your back-catalogue is a thing, measuring podcast growth from your download data, and mean and median numbers! (With bonus insight into Android vs iOS) and so many other great insight!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:29 PROMO 1: Everything Everywhere Daily Podcast
- 2:58 Rob and Elsie convo!
- Apple now has an embed player for your podcast! The official Apple Podcasts Web embed player
- Do ratings for your podcast really matter?
- In case you are using Audio Hijack are running Big Sur and have an M1 Mac, get ready for a double reboot
- It seems that more than just your podcast link is broken with Stitcher
- You can now add RSS feeds to Google Podcasts!
- 23:58 PROMO 2: Dear Michelle
- Gaana numbers!
- You really don’t know how folks are consuming your show on platforms that you don’t know
- People downloading your back-catalogue is a thing
- Where does Apple pull the information from the “you might also like”?
- 34:58 Audio feedback, Alexa and falling asleep to The Feed
- What do you need to do first to uplevel your audio on your show
- You have permission to use a song on your show – how do you make sure it’s not pulled down?
- Using artificial voices to read your audience feedback!
- 49:52 Audio feedback – when you move away from Libsyn and then come back!
- Looks like another company is sending all kinds of emails to the podcasting community
- Yay! Now you get Rob’s stats via our The Feed newsletter!
- Best email of the week! The patent troll is officially dead
- What exactly is the Chrome user agent?
- 1:00:42 PROMO 3: Unreserved Wine Talk
- How to measure podcast growth through your download stats
- Mean and median numbers!
- iOS vs Android data conversation
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- I analyzed 20 million Apple Podcasts star ratings. Here’s what I learned.
- Rogue Amoeba’s Apps Updated for M1 – With A Catch
- Google Podcasts on Android, iOS, and web now lets you add shows by RSS feed
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.