Here is what we’re covering on the show! Communication from the president of Libsyn, Laurie Simms. Tips for remote recording. How the pandemic is affecting downloads – with some actual data. What is happening to podcast advertising during this time. Why your audience is the most important thing ever. Apple releases all kinds of new toys. Shows being taken off Spotify. The difference between listens and downloads. And oh goodness all kinds of stats!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:04 PROMO 1: Fighting Through
- 3:40 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Coronavirus email from Laurie
- Going from live to remote recording? Rob and Elsie quick-tips
- Download numbers going down and YouTube doesn’t want you to make money with 14:48 COVID–19 – audio feedback from Jon from Professor Slots
- Insight into download numbers during this time
- Anything we can glean from 2008
- This is when connecting with your audience is of the upmost importance!
- New update to Libsyn is here!
- Apple announced the new 4th generations iPads plus, new keyboard with trackpad
- Can you use music performed by the US Marine Band?
- 36:40 A show on Spotify taken down NOT because of copyright music infringement from Stéphane
- 41:34 PROMO 2: The Celtic Myth Podshow
- Samson Q2U, H6, double enders, and Headliner integration
- The Google Play destination deprecated and it has nothing to do with Google Podcasts
- A celebration of 200 episodes with 1 star reviews
- Chartable integration and a possible swell in downloads?
- Focus on telling your audience to subscribe and listen to your show in Apple Podcasts vs asking for reviews
- Where have YOU been? Fish Nerds was on the NY Times!
- What is a download and what is a listen?
- 1:05:15 PROMO 3: Sleepy Time Tales
- Recounting the Infinite Dial Stats
- Advanced stats update! Agregator apps!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Fighting Through
- PROMO 2: Celtic Myth Podshow
- PROMO 3: Sleepy Time Tales
- Jon from Professor Slots
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Apple unveils new iPad Pro with breakthrough LiDAR Scanner and brings trackpad support to iPadOS
- United States Marine Band YouTube
- Ice Fishing Is Fun!
- SiriusXM Ends 2019 With 34.9 Million Paid Subscribers
- Number of Pandora’s active users in the United States from the 4th quarter of 2013 to the 3rd quarter of 2019
- Is Amazon beating Spotify and Apple Music for US subscribers?
- Podcasting Time Increase Influence With Rob Walch
- Create Like A Mother Ep 12 with Elsie
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.