On this episode Apple hiring all kinds of positions, and you get the scoop, Spotify announced some podcasting cool updates on their app, Spotify says their podcast service is not a music distribution tool, and some are getting their show pulled, Audio Hijack vs eCamm Call Recorder, which one is better? Discussing The Podcast Academy + Golden Mic, Castro feedback, IAB vs unique download numbers and of course stats, this time, geographic and user agents.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:27 Rob and Elsie conversation
- All kinds of job opportunities for Apple in podcasting!
- Spotify is now featuring trailers
- Spotify does not want you to use their podcast feature to bootleg music – not cool
- Wanna know what happens when Spotify removes your show for music copyright violation? We got you
- Does Spotify have a chance of becoming podcasting’s gatekeeper?
- 22:43 Audio Hijack vs eCamm Call Recorder, audio feedback from Ginger Campbell
- YouTube destination is working again!
- Discussing the Golden Mics and The Podcast Academy
- We got some Castro feedback!
- Media Monitors has a new podcast survey
- 45:26 1 star review from Jack! Audio feedback
- Getting Google home mini to play episodes by number
- Private podcasting solutions
- Matchmaker for finding podcast guests!
- 53:31CinemaVoz at Podfest, audio feedback from Hilda
- Thank you, from Gene
- 58:24 What is the difference between IAB stats and unique?
- 1:08:19 PROMO 3: Tomorrow’s Legend
- 1:08:51 Stats, stats, stats, geographic, user agents
- Where have we been? And where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO: Tomorrow’s Legend
- Ginger from Brain Science, Books and Ideas and Graying Rainbows
- Jack from Darknet Diaries
- Hilda from Wise Traditions
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Head of Podcast Partner Relations at Apple
- Product Manager, Apple Podcasts, Consumer
- Product Manager, Apple Podcasts, Personalization
- Podcast Trailers from Spotify
- Bootleg Podcasts Are a New Frontier for Unlicensed Music on Spotify
- Am I allowed to submit music via Spotify for Podcasters?
- Spotify is trying to become podcasting’s gatekeeper. We musn’t let them.
- She Podcasts 257: Golden Podcast Academy Tears
- The Podcast Academy
- 2019 Golden Mic Awards: See the Full List of Nominees … and Vote!
- The Podcast Academy Launched; Annual Awards Program Announced
- Niche Podcasts Have More Listeners, Indicating Untapped Advertising Opportunities
- Interview with Elsie on Inside Podcasting
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.