This series is all about libsyn’s podcasters. Its sole purpose is to introduce these awesome podcasts to the world as well as share their podcasting insight to empower the community!
Q & A with Sujey from Narco Mindset
When did you start podcasting?
The vision began on October 15th, we scripted the show, purchased equipment, practiced, and watched a lot of tutorials, we officially launched on February 1, 2020
Why did you start podcasting?
We had a desire to make a difference in the world. We had a vision that we could relate Dr. Jorge Valdes’s unique life journey to show if he could turn his life around anyone can. His story is relatable because he was a founding member of the group that was known as the Medellin Drug Cartel.
He lived a lavish lifestyle, had a conversion experience, voluntarily forfeited all of his wealth to the U.S. Government, went to prison.
When he was released, he received a Masters Degree and Ph.D. from the Loyola University of Chicago. In a culture that is fascinated by Narcos, we want to use his story, not to tell another drug story, but to inspire others to find hope, meaning, and redemption.
What’s the name of your show and what is it about?
The name of the show is Narco Mindset with Jorge Valdes Ph.D.
Host: Jorge Valdes, Ph.D. … Author, Speaker, Blogger, Podcaster, and You Tuber
Co-Host: Anthony Petrucci
Narco Mindset is an enlightening, informative, effortlessly entertaining podcast. It contains compelling RAW storytelling and intellectually honest talk about life. We will be delving into life challenges, life miracles, life recovery, and life opportunities. It illuminates a new generation on the power and the impact of a positive mindset.
What’s your podcasting set-up? Hardware, software, CMS, etc.
- Rodecaster Pro
- Shure Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Mic
- Rode Dynamic Mic
- Two Rode Professional Studio Boom Arm
- Two Audio-Technica Closed Monitor Headphones
- Sanddisk 32GB mSD Card, Class 10
- Auralex ProMax V2 with Stands
- Zoom Handheld 6-TRK 24-Bit Recorder
Edit in Adobe Audtion.
I purchased the presets from Mike Russel for Podcasting which saves a lot of editing time.
Most of my training (Sujey Valdes) for starting the podcast came from Podcasters Paradise.
Use Libsyn for Hosting.
How have you promoted your podcast?
I use Sprout Social to manage and post on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, I am currently slowly adding Pinterest.
My Workflow for creating a show
- Record Episode
- Edit Episode
- Send Episode to get transcribed
- Create SHOW NOTES
- Update ID3 editor of episode
- Create Episode and YouTube Thumbnails
- Upload Episode to Libsyn
- Create blog on our Website
- Create social media campaign
a. Using show notes and website link compose ad on
- Create a trailer of Episode and make an Audiogram and promote on social media
- Create Full Episode video on Headliner for Youtube
- Engage in LinkedIn and Facebook groups
- Create a monthly newsletter to our current Subscribers. (We are offering a FREE PDF to all subscribers to our website of Dr. Valdes’ new book, Narco Mindset, Freedom Edition) Once they sign up the PDF is automatically sent to them.
What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
The Presets in Audition from Mike Russel.
If you are interested in life transformation from one that has changed his life this is the podcast for you. Take a moment to subscribe to this show, today!
You can also join their community on their website you will get a FREE PDF of Dr. Jorge Valdes’ Freedom Edition.
If you have changed your life around and feel that your story can be of benefit to the world, why not start a podcast? We would love to host your podcast! In case you need a little bit to get started, you can either sign up for our monthly Podcasting Quickstart or you can check out this series on our blog to start a podcast.