In this episode, listen to what the podcasting ready microphones of the new 2019 MacBook Pro sound like. And staying on that same topic, we discuss the mics we use and the processing workflow for the show. We also cover the latest Apple News including their new hire, plus the latest email sent out to podcasters. We answer and comment on a very interesting question what would be the impact and slowdown for indie podcasters if there’s an economic downturn? And lastly Rob dives into nuanced discussion about protecting the privacy of podcast listeners.
And some fun stats about raw percentage growth…
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:09 PROMO 1: Dot To Dot
- 3:54 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Quick Star Wars chat – ZERO SPOILERS
- Call to KC podcasters for a panel at Planet Comicon!
- Our first email, we think that it’s a compliment 😉
- This is what we use to record the show plus our editing workflow
- Rob has a new MacBook Pro and he’s found out some stuff about Leveling his audio
- There is a new podcast app in town! We have not had a chance to test it out, will you?
- The most downloaded episodes of 2019 for The Feed and for Today in iOS
- More hires from Apple for their podcast business
- And podcasters got an email from Apple letting us know about Alexa, marketing podcasts and a holiday submission schedule
- 32:00 PROMO 2: All Aboard The Dream Train
- The father son podcasting microphone skit on SNL is true
- Thoughts on podcast advertising companies demanding podcasters move to the hosts that they want in order for them to work with them
- Podcasters can now qualify to win a pulitzer prize!
- MP3 vs M4A
- RadioPublic is now offering a PRO offering and it’s gorgeous!
- What should you do if there’s an economic downturn in podcasting?
- What if an ad agency gives you an ad that contains copyrighted music, what should you do?
- Worst email of the week! And it’s over 20!
- Inside Podcasting covers our new prepend within Libsyn
- Rob on privacy
- 1:05:05 PROMO 3: The Blacklist Exposed
- Stats! Raw growth!
- Where have we been? Elsie’s been on What Works, Rob’s been on Bloomberg
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Science Talk Podcast Session Proposal
- The Podcast Studio App
- Apple Hires Ex-Vox Media Marketer Zach Kahn to Head Podcast PR (EXCLUSIVE)
- Apple Tells Podcasters About Alexa, Marketing With Apple And Their Holiday Hours
- Steve Goldstein: Podcast listening on smart speakers is less than 1%, but things are looking up
- Father-Son Podcasting Microphone – SNL
- I’m Being Bullied Into Sharing Your Data
- Pulitzer Prize Board Announces New Audio Reporting Category
- RadioPublic PRO
- Spotify Wrapped expands to include your favorite music from the decade, plus podcaster metrics
- EP 255: Taking Stock & Setting New Intentions With Podcasting Advocate Elsie Escobar
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement Evolutions
- National Religious Broadcasters
- NAB Las Vegas
- KC Podcaster Meet-up
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.