We discuss the Apple email sent in mid November, deconstructing the email that we (Libsyn) sent out to make sure you get all the must know info! BIG thoughts on how to use consumption rate data, demographic vs psychographic info, teaser promos, show notes vs blog posts and oh so much more! OH and of course stats stats stats, this time user agent and geographic!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 3:24 PROMO 1: Creatively Complicated
- Straight into discussing the Apple email sent out in mid November
- 14:47 The Libsyn Team sent out an email about the Spotify passthrough and we break down into a mass of details
- Should you still claim your podcast in Spotify?
- What to do with episode consumption rates
- 28:37Voicemail from Neil asking all sorts of questions about demographics, teaser promos and shownotes vs blog posts
- 38:40 PROMO 2: The MandaLore
- Rob discusses the new Macbook Pro with the fancy microphones
- What to use to share large files with your team
- Thoughts on Apple making some ‘podcasting’ content hires
- Worst email of the week
- 48:30 Voice feedback from Robin about Libsyn and accessibility
- BossJock Jr update
- A discussion about the Hollywood Reporter article on Spotify and podcasting
- Shout-out to Marco for mentioning us on ATP!
- 55:38 PROMO 3: In Clear Focus
- Stats! User agent and geographic
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Creatively Complicated
- PROMO 2: The MaldaLore
- PROMO 3: In Clear Focus
- Neil from The Snooze Button
- Robin from Dot To Dot
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Episode where we discussed guest and host images: 154 Invite To Celebrate And Setting The Podcasting History Record Straight
- The Low Down on Stats and Your Spotify Destination
- Inside Podcasting issue that mentions the Apple hire
- BossJock Jr App
- ‘Last Podcast on the Left’ Moving Exclusively to Spotify
- ATP Episode 352 where Marco mentions us about stats!
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement Evolutions
- National Religious Broadcasters
- NAB Las Vegas
- KC Podcaster Meet-up
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.