International Podcast Day recap and Libsyn’s latest Q3 growth results, the death of Podcoin, a great resource for recording remote episodes, podcasting words of wisdom for college students, how to count your subscribers, all kinds of new stuff from Spotify including playlists! Y’all seriously, so much more!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 2:48 PROMO 1: Threads From the National Tapestry
- 3:18 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- International Podcast Day and incredible Spanish speaking podcasters!
- Fantastic results for Libsyn Q3!
- Super cool data from Rob re: some top podcasts
- Podcoin is dead
- Pocketcasts is doing some great things
- What Mongobay Newscast does to get super great audio for their remote interviews
- A winner in the 2019 Podcast Awards
- Advice for college students about podcasting
- 20:53 Thoughts on Himalaya – audio feedback from Civilla
- Can you measure your subscribers?
- Update your RSS feed to your show on Spotify
- Podcast playlists on Spotify!
- Thoughts on the Descript app
- 39:53 PROMO 2: The Perfect Stool
- Downloads vs Streams discussion
- How long does it take to submit into Apple Podcasts?
- A now famous answer from Rob on Quora
- What to do with the 15% bottom half of your show artwork
- Worst email of the week!
- Oh! Best email of the week, and it’s a good one!
- 56:38 PROMO 3: Mr. Media
- Stats, stats, stats: mean and median numbers
- Where have we been!
- Where are we going!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: Threads From The National Tapestry
- PROMO 2: The Perfect Stool
- PROMO 3: Mr. Media
- Civilla from Childless Not By Choice
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Elsie’s The E-League (apply apply apply!)
- Podcast sponsorship revenue continues to fuel NPR’s financial growth
- NPR’s guide to sending audio
- 8 Ways Podcasters Can Use Our New Podcast Playlists
- The super cool Descript video
- Comparing the Accuracy of Automatic Transcription Services
- Which Automatic Transcription Service is the Most Accurate? — 2018
- Elsie’s twitter thread to Simplecast
- LinkedIn post Rob talked about
- Rob’s answer to “How did The Joe Rogan Experience podcast become so successful?”
- Rob on Episode of Go Beyond Disruption
- The Kansas City Podcasting & Social Media Meetup Group
- Elsie on The Primal Happiness Podcast: how to use your voice for self expression and growth
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.