Covering: trademarking Taco Tuesday, plagiarism revisited, remote interview tips, design best practices for your artwork in Apple Podcasts, dealing with explicit content, best practices for using copyrighted music, more insight into IAB vs Uniques, and a double whammy of stats, mean and median, user agent and geographic!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro!
- 1:35 Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: The Advent of Computing
- 6:34 How to get featured on the show!
- 8:01 Promo 1: the Inappropriate Traveler
- 8:31 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- What happens when someone files for a trademark of Taco Tuesday
- Amazing job opening in Arizona to work for Kim Komando!
- Plagarism revisited
- When having connection issues on Skype, what to do?
- Best designed practices for Apple Podcasts
- Do check Apple Podcasts to see if your podcast has updated, just not IMMEDIATELY after publishing
- 29:35 Promo 2: The Nik Ingersoll Show
- How do you post a trailer to your podcast feed
- When the nature of a podcast episode is explicit, do you mark it explicit?
- Do you want Elsie to create a shownotes tutorial?
- We got an awesome tweet shout-out!
- Why is Rob saying “run away, run away!” again?
- An app that has really awesome shownotes….and that’s it
- So, copyright music, how much can you get away with?
- An update on some goings on of the YouTube Libsyn destination
- 55:02* Where have you been from the Celtfather!
- Being sceptical of the Netflixes of podcasting
- Clarifying IAB stats and how they compare to Uniques
- ****1:06:56*** Promo 3: Are You Still Talking?
- 1:07:35 Stats, mean, median, geographic and user agents
- 1:23:39 Apple event re-cap
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- PROMO 1: The Innappropriate Traveler
- PROMO 2: The Nik Ingersoll Show
- PROMO 3: Were You Still Talking?
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: The Advent of Computing
- Marc the Celtfather
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Call screener for Kim Komando
- NPR Acknowledges Plagiarism In 10 Music Stories
- Public radio station hit with plagiarism allegations
- Podcast startup Entale secures £2m backing from Daily Mail
- Podsafe Music
- Data Suggests Women Making Progress In Closing The Podcast Hosting Gap.
- Inside Podcasting podcast, check out episode with Martine Powers
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.