Going over the Apple Podcasts categories again, OMG a new Libsyn front end website! New look y’all! Super awesome. Breaking down deets of what’s going on with Libsyn and Podcast Movement, plus we answer what are the Top 5 things a Podcaster should do BEFORE recording their first episode? And what to do after publishing their first 5 episodes, and y’all we don’t stop there because we have 2 Rob mini soap boxes and the latest stats! Mean and median numbers!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 2:50 PROMO 1: History of the Bible
- 3:19 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Right into more details about Apple Podcasts categories
- Hey! We have a new Libsyn front-facing Libsyn website!
- 13:20 A break down of when, where and what the Libsyn Team will be doing at Podcast Movement 2019!
- Audio listeners in the UK survey
- 24:42 PROMO 2: Your Brain on Facts
- What exactly is the field NOT to fill out anymore, hint: Apple Podcasts Summary field
- Making episodes disappear, on purpose and building a newsletter
- 31:04 What are the top 5 things a podcasters should do before recording their first episode
- 36:14 What are the top 5 tips for a podcaster after producing their first 5 episodes
- Is there a rule within the Apple TOS that boots you for doing a giveaway in exchange for ratings and reviews?
- Spotify and Apple Music are dueling, really?
- The best place to put paranormal podcasts with the new categories
- When a CEO compares podcasters to a flea market
- To have a website for your show or not to have a website for your show
- Rob goes Libsyn 301 in setting all kinds of special feeds!
- The Lore TV show got cancelled
- Why is there no Libsyn mobile app?
- Worst email of the week
- What we think of a business that is built on making money off of user feedback
- 64:40 Oh yes, should you use Amazon AWS to host your podcast? #RobSoapBox
- Shockingly, people lie about their podcast numbers
- 76:08 PROMO 3: Project Woo Woo
- 74:26 Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- The New Libsyn Website The Feed Landing page!
- Sobre Podcasting
- Podcast Movement Schedule
- MIDAS Measurement of Internet Delivered Audio Services
- Podcasts set to overtake music-downloads listening in UK
- Spotify and Apple Music’s Newest Duel Has Nothing to Do With Music
- Sirius CEO: Podcasting Is Like A Flea Market
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement
- She Podcasts Conference
- Content Marketing World
- Military Influencer Conference
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.