Everything that you know about the new updated Apple Podcasts categories! And how to update yours NOW on the Libsyn interface. Also covering that story from Bloomberg about Apple Podcasts exclusive content strategy and the plethora of derivative articles that spun and spun it, the Onion like article on podcasting by the NYTimes, discussing how the beauty of podcasting is creating a show that is exactly how you want it to be, and stats, this time centering on all the geographic and user agent data, plus plenty of other wonderful and helpful podcasting tips… Mostly inspired by you and your feedback!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 4:09 PROMO 1: The Rideshare Guy
- 4:42 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- 6:30 Apple Podcasts updated their categories and how to update them on Libsyn
- 10:44 That Bloomberg article about the rumor Apple is looking to create exclusive content
- What Elsie and Rob think is happening with Apple’s alleged podcasting strategy
- 16:05 There was an INC article furthering the misguided narrative that Apple has done nothing for podcasting
- 21:18 PROMO 2: Southern Gothic
- 21:52 There was an Onion piece that accidentally was published in the NY Times about podcasting and Elsie and Rob have thoughts
- 23:10 When the term podfading began, in 2005
- 27:56 Peter asks about episode artwork help
- Pandora only has podcasts on the mobile app, not on the desktop
- 33:18 Making sure that episodes on Apple Podcasts show up at the exact time that sponsors want
- Audio promo tips
- 41:00 Follow up tip for mobile podcasting using the Tascam DR10L with lavs via Dave
- Creating category custom players for your show!
- Did we spoil a TV show?
- Will we make The Feed 24 minutes long?
- How to circumvent the problem of hitting number 300
- 55:12 Liz from Ben Franklin’s World toured the Libsyn office and shared her insights
- Someone did use the NASA audio and images that we mentioned in the last episode!
- Listen Notes CEO Wenbin shared some cool tip about transcriptions and Listen Notes
- A podcaster featured on C-SPAN Radio!
- 1:02:30 PROMO 3: UNAPOLOGETICALLY DIFFERENT
- 1:05:35 Stats, stats, stats! Geographic and user agent
- 1:10:58 Where have we been?
- 1:14:44 Elsie’s new show Sobre Podcasting
- 1:18:06 Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Promo 1: The Rideshare Guy
- Promo 2: Southern Gothic
- Promo 3: Unapologetically Different
- Peter from Marketing Study Lab
- Dave from The GrowthBuster Podcast
- Liz from Ben Franklin’s World
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- This is where the Libsyn Meet-up is going to be at 8 am on August 14
- What’s New – Libsyn Platform Special Update Supporting the New Apple Podcasts Categories
- Apple Plans to Bankroll Original Podcasts to Fend Off Rivals
- Apple Made Podcasting a Thing. Here’s How It Plans to Get Back on Top (and Why You Should Pay Attention)
- Have We Hit Peak Podcast?
- Fernando Air Nandez @microgdl on Twitter
- Tascam DR–10L Portable Digital Audio Recorder with Lavalier Microphone
- Aviation News Talk episode featuring all the NASA media
- Submit to Listen Notes!
- 001: PODCASTING: WHY TO START (AND HOW TO SUCCEED) – ROB WALCH
- Finale: Supertop & Friends
- Elsie on Forty Thrive talking about community
- Elsie’s new show Sobre Podcasting!
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement
- She Podcasts Conference
- Content Marketing World
- Military Influencer Conference
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.