Starting with WWDC 2019 and the big news that iTunes will never be the same to Apple’s latest email letting all podcasters know that all podcast categories will be changing and exactly how that affects podcasters. We don’t only keep it to Apple, we share the latest podcasting insight from Google I/O last month and so much more! Including the latest mean and median download number stats so that you can get some clear metrics to know where you and your show stand.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 2:42 PROMO 1: Arm Cast
- 3:08 Elsie and Rob Conversation
- Elsie’s using a new mic!
- WWDC redux all about podcasting via Rob Walch: iTunes is not being killed off with a flip of a switch
- iTunes specific questions from the community!
- The email from Apple that went to podcasters
- The email from Apple that went to podcast hosts
- Passing along Google podcasting news from Google I/O
- 44:36 PROMO 2: Dear Strategy
- A question about an app that could check Libsyn stats
- Have you submitted your show to RADIO.COM ?
- 47:36 AUDIO FEEDBACK from Kevin about using the new Overcast clip feature
- Follow up on audio clips and Castro’s new release of sharing audio clips
- Question about setting up multiple destinations for YouTube
- The 14th annual People’s Podcast Awards are open!
- Transcripts strategy talk
- Streamlining what website pops up when searching Google for your podcast
- Competitors claiming they have apps when really, they don’t
- Where have YOU been? Jennifer has been on TV!
- IAB advertising numbers and what they have to do with a sliver of pepperoni
- Rob has an article about podcasting and privacy, have you read it? We’d love your feedback!
- 1:08:10 PROMO 3: Scifi Talk
- Stats, stats, stats! Mean and median
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Promo 1: Arm Cast
- Promo 2: Dear Strategy
- Promo 3: Scifi Talk
- Kevin from Tales of The Black Badge: A Wynnona Earp Podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Apple Podcasts categories
- How to set up your RADIO.COM destination
- Kevin’s Overcast clip Twitter example
- Kevn’s Overcast clip Twitter example 2
- Castro Podcast Player for iOS adds support for creating and sharing podcast clips
- Privacy vs podcasting
- Elsie Escobar: Podcasts Are the Antidote to Misleading Media, on Podcasting Step by Step
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.