Starting off with some big news from The Libsyn Team, Google now including podcasting in their search results, Podfund thoughts and feelings, advice on making agreements with advertising companies, Tackling the Apple Podcasts review myth, insight in about Podcoin and as always, STATS, country breakdowns, Spotify country breakdowns and user agents
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary
- :07 Intro & how you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 2:25 PROMO 1:
- 2:48 Elsie and Rob Conversation
- A new addition to the Libsyn Team! Welcome Rob Greenlee!
- Google Podcasts now playing in browsers!
- iOS 12.3 went live on May 13
- Congrats to Overcast for getting the Editors Choice designation in the iOS App store
- Tips on tagging an episode ‘trailer’ and what that means to your podcast listeners
- Elsie and Rob talk about Podfund
- 37:47 PROMO 2: Mind Your Mental
- Luminary App has been updated to include links in the shownotes
- About CPMs and percentages – what are the best practices?
- There is a new podcast newsletter aimed at the listener, called The Listener
- The iTunes Review myth, we talk about it again
- 56:22 Audio feedback asking about how to redirect your feed from Squarespace to Libsyn
- Worst email of the week! Becoming famous!
- 56:22 Why did you leave us segment?
- Podcoin, stats reporting and what happens when you pay people to ‘listen’
- We think respecting the privacy of the listeners is the right way to do things
- Edison Research from Australia! We need your feedback!
- 1:11:33 PROMO 3: The Big Seance
- STATS: Country, Spotify country breakdowns and user agents
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Promo 1: Small Business Made Simple
- Promo 2: Mind Your Mental
- Promo 3: The Big Seance Podcast
- Adam from the What You Will Learn Podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Google adds handy playable podcasts to search results
- A new company will give podcasters up to $50,000 to help them grow
- Transferring A Podcast – Squarespace Support
- The Listener Newsletter
- These Are Our 5 Favorite Podcast Apps Right Now
- NAB Show: The 13 Innovative Media Companies to Watch
- Elsie on Episode 5 of Preserve This Podcast
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Proclaim 19
- NAB in Las Vegas
- Utah Podcast Summit
- Military Influencer Conference
- Podcast Movement
- She Podcasts Conference
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.