Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email [email protected] or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
Quick Episode Summary:
- :07 Intro
- 1:36 Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcast: Hashtag Questions
- 6:45 How you can be featured by Libsyn!
- 8:31 PROMO 1: Collected Clan
- 9:10 Elsie and Rob Conversation
- Apple Podcasts iOS 12.2 beta supports the episode number tag! Expect update in the Spring
- Apple updated their Terms of Service and we give you the exact paragraphs that changed
- 16:31 Rob finally used the Samson Q2U and did a test recording
- Who is best suited for the Samson Q2U?
- If you wanna know if your podcast is ok for Google Podcasts use the official site for checking
- Tip from Billy about using HTML tags for creating nicely formatted shownotes
- Himalaya Media launched a new app for iOS and Android, now if we could get them to focus on the listeners not the producers
- 25:56 Voice Mail from Troy about whether or not most podcasts started after 2014
- Interesting article all about how only 17% of consumers believe personalized ads are ethical
- Feedback on adding artwork to your ID3 tags and how not to get an error when uploading to Libsyn
- 33:22 PROMO 2: Secular Soup
- Talking premium services and how very resourceful people get when trying to get access to premium feeds
- We have MyLibsyn as a solution which locks down the URLs, making it secure
- Where have YOU been? We hear from Ricardo and his podcast Astronomia y also mas winning best podcast for 2018 in Chile
- 42:38 Voice feedback from Carey Green about best use cases for tracking codes
- There is a really bad article on Adage about Pandora and Spotify that is full of mistakes
- In other odd and unverified news Libsyn is now hosting over 40% of all new podcasts that will still be producing content a year from now (get it?)
- 47:42 Finally getting into the news about Spotify buying Gimlet and Anchor breaking down insight into Gimlet and Anchor based on numbers
- Looking at the future of podcasting and the strategy of creating premium only content and how it gives us indie podcasters an opportunity to fill the void
- 1:06:24 PROMO 3: The Jeep Talk Show
- Stats! Geographic and user agent
- Where have we been?
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Hashtag Questions
- Promo 1: Collected Clan
- Promo 2: Secular Soup
- Promo 3: Jeep Talk Show
- Troy from Front Porch Studios
- Carey Green from Podcast Fast Track
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Official Site for checking your Google Podcasts listing
- Only 17% Of Consumers Believe Personalized Ads Are Ethical, Survey Says
- Spotify and Pandora duke it out for podcasting prominence This is an article with mistakes and wrong data, not to be quoted or referenced
- Blubrry CEO: This Is Good For The Industry
- Life Lessons with Rob Walch, VP Podcaster Relations- Libsyn
- Rob Walch on How the Biggest Podcasts Grow Without Advertising | YouX Podcast 061
- Embrace the Power of Vulnerability with Elsie Escobar
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email [email protected]
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!