LIBSYN PODCASTERS MEET-UP NOVEMBER 5 from 5–8 pm. Come hang out with Rob, Krystal, Dave and Elsie!
Want merch? We’ve got you covered #podcastersftw! Get yours today and support Podcasting!
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :07
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcast: Speak Life 2:24
- How you can be featured by Libsyn! 6:03
- PROMO 1: Without Warning 7:13
- Elsie and Rob Conversation 7:37
- All about podcaster.apple.com and marketing your podcast
- Watch OS5 and what that is doing to your stats
- Will podcasts be in YouTube Music or stick to Google Podcasts?
- Pandora acquired by SiriusXM
- The #PackMentality podcast releasing their upcoming wrestling schedule via podcast
- PROMO 2: The Nourished Child 21:19
- Another email from Apple, this time about authoring best practices
- It would be great if Spotify supported unique podcast artwork
- You can use all of the app logos on any and all of your social media promotion
- Best practices in getting Apple to notice you and not asking all the girls to be your Valentine
- Magnate vs magnet
- Great tips on salvaging possible data from a dead SD card
- Spotify playlists and podcasts?
- Oh man, Buzzfeed killed off their podcasting team
- Just because you didn’t know about a podcast it doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a good podcast aka not everyone will listen to your show
- Legal concerns about reading articles on your show
- Stitcher news via email
- Who pays for the royalties if you play music on your show?
- All about WW2 and WWII
- Notes on why your voice sounds so funny to you in your ears!
- Adding custom RSS tags to the feed? Specifically, a rel=“payments” tag #AtYourOwnRisk
- It’s not about 100% listenership on your show, it’s about percentages of the audience that stayed listening to your show
- Rob comes back to us with his Spotify advertising campaign data for his Today in iOS Podcast
- Carlos also shares his numbers for his Spotify advertising campaign
- VOICEMAIL from Justin about Overcast advertising numbers 1:05:10
- Overcast data and analysis a la Rob for your listening pleasure
- Lots more Overcast and Spotify advertising numbers and stats
- PROMO 3: Renaissance Festival 1:17:12
- Geographic stats
- User Agent stats
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- The Jeep Talk Show
- The Nourished Child
- Renaissance Festival
- Kenn from The Speak Life Podcast
- Justin from Optimal Living Daily
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- All about Elsie’s The E-League
- Application for Elsie’s The E-League
- SiriusXM acquires Pandora
- .#PACKMENTALITY POP-INS PODCAST: EP. 28 – RELEASE OF THE 2018–19 SCHEDULE
- SanDisk RescuePRO and RescuePRO Deluxe
- BuzzFeed News Cuts Podcasting Team to Focus on Video
- Podsafe Music
- People often hate the sound of their own voice — here are some of the reasons why
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Digital Book World
- NAB in NYC use coupon code NY7787 if you want a ticket!
- We Are Podcast
- Podcon in Seattle
- Podfest in Orlando
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.