Meet Rob and Elsie at Podcast Movement! We’ll have a meet and greet at Reading Terminal on Tuesday, July 24 at 8 am EST!
Want merch? We’ve got you covered #podcastersftw! Get yours today and support Podcasting!
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :07
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcast: The Bearded Tog 4:14
- How you can be featured by Libsyn! 6:40
- PROMO 1: The Soul Mammas Podcast 8:18
- Elsie and Rob Conversation 8:51
- Feedback from James Cridland all about the Google Podcast App being native 9:40
- Some news about Search Engines Journal and podcasts are more popular than blogs?
- Ooh! Another way to not be accepted by Apple Podcasts and iTunes!
- How do you put an episode on the “Best of the Podcast” in Apple Podcasts?
- Concerns about ASCAP and BMI when playing music with permission from he artist on the podcast
- If you update existing podcast episodes rating from explicit to clean, will it update in Apple Podcasts?
- There is a process towards having your podcast on Plex! And of course one of our listeners delivered the goods
- More feedback on enhanced podcasts aka those with chapter markers, this time via the mighty Chris Christensen 31:26
- How you can use timecodes to facilitate jumping to certain parts of an episode using Overcast #MarcoIsAGenius
- PROMO 2: Mongobay 39:44
- Are downloads “a tally of how many times someone clicks a play button?”
- Commentary on the difference between server side stats and client side stats
- How to get a date range of stats from initial post date from a podcast episode to 30 days after it was released, easily, within the Libsyn podcast advanced stats
- Niche advertising rates still win the race and how we paint a picture with the paint and canvas given
- Podcast download data: it’s not a guessing game, it’s a trend game
- MP3 are the winners! Always
- Why does the formatting for shownotes show up all messed up in different places?
- For any “listens” or audience building to really matter per episode it needs to expand into the next episodes – trend lines must go up
- S-Town is getting sued, ugh, is there no loyalty? We discuss
- Oh my! People think that publishers are just now discovering podcasters and signing them to book deals!
- Moxie has some voice feedback asking when is the best time to release and episode? 1:02:57
- Why did you leave us segment 1:06:24
- The worst email in the past 2 weeks – this time it’s Elsie’s
- Where YOU been? A new segment and a request for a bumper!
- PROMO 3: Future of Humanity 1:14:25
- Stats! Geographic and user agent!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- The Soul Mammas Podcast
- Future of Humanity
- The Bearded Tog
- James from Podnews
- Chris from Amateur Traveler
- Moxie from Your Brain on Facts podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- The Libsyn Team at Podcast Podcast Movement! Read all about it!
- The Libsyn TeePublic store!
- Info about the #podcastersftw initiative: a collective way of supporting podcasting events and meet-ups to expand podcasting
- James’s Podnews Google Podcasts App FAQ
- Podcasts More Popular than Blogs
- Podcasts Hit The Books
- A Cult Show’s Recipe for Success: Whiskey, Twitter and Complex Women
- Tales of The Black Badge
- Rob on Readily Random
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.