Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :07
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcast: Plantrama2:20
- How you can be featured by Libsyn! 7:22
- PROMO 1: The Strokecast 8:40
- Elsie and Rob Conversation 9:27
- Different place, no microphone
- Let’s talk about the Google Podcast strategy – this is what they’re up to
- Question from Justin about whether or not the RSS link on the player counts
- How to optimize google search results to show your podcast
- Setting custom defaults for your player to save you time!
- Using audio clips from a sports broadcast!
- PROMO 2: The Corner Office 35:15
- Rob’s hardware set-up with the Zoom H6 and what needs to be done to make it all work minus a mixer – an email story with Lillian
- Audio feedback: thank you from Kelly from Go Legal Yourself 39:59
- There was a Twitter password breach
- NPR, WNYC, WBEZ and This American Life bought Shifty Jelly Pocketcasts and what we think about that
- Delays for Spotify have now grown, they are not accepting new submissions until June!
- Apple Podcasts passed the 50 Billion episodes served mark recently
- Trader Joe’s just launched a podcast series and Rob is happy
- Wondery proved they are not against Spamming Podcasters
- The BBC – just released 16,000 sound effects
- What happens when you change your podcast title?
- What’s Libsyn doing about GDPR?
- Overcast 4.2 has had a privacy update
- PROMO 3: Chasing Ghosts. On Scooters. In Bars. 1:06:03
- Stats! Median and mean stats from the end of March until the end of April!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- The Strokecast
- The Corner Office
- Chasing Ghosts. On Scooters. In Bars.
- Kelly from Go Legal Yourself
Google podcast link tag example code
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="YOUR PODCAST NAME" href="https://yourfeedurl.libsyn.com/rss" />
For example, this code would look like this for Libsyn’s podcast The Feed:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast | Podcast Strategy | Podcasting Tips | Media Hosting" href="http://thefeed.libsyn.com/rss">
What to search for in your website source code:
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Libsyn Supports Google’s Podcasting Strategy
- HTML5 Show Player
- Rob’s mixer set up
- Video shared by Lillian re: Zoom H6 set-up
- Pocket Casts acquired by NPR, other public radio stations, and This American Life
- From the Shifty Jelly blog: the next chapter
- Apple’s podcasts just topped 50 billion all-time downloads and streams
- Inside Trader Joe’s Podcast
- BBC Sound Effects
- Libsyn Support: Upcoming Privacy Changes and GDPR
- Overcast 4.2: The privacy update
- Elsie on Cafe con Pam – link to Overcast
- Elsie on Emotions in Harmony – the Spanish Episode
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to Apple Podcasts and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.