Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Inspired Money

This series is all about libsyn podcasters. Its sole purpose is to introduce these awesome podcasts to the world as well as share their podcasting insight to empower the community!


Q & A’s with Andrew from Inspired Money


When did you start podcasting?

My podcast launched September 1, 2017.

I’ve been listening to a ton of podcasts over the past two years and after a lot of thought decided why not produce a podcast to inspire people to talk about money.

Why did you start podcasting?

As a financial advisor, I help people. I hope that shifting from an avid consumer of podcasts to an enthusiastic producer of one will enable me to increase my reach and spread my message.

I love the idea of having another way and medium to reach our audience. The motivation to launch my show is that people don’t talk positively often enough about money. The consequences can be significant including being ill-prepared for retirement, spending more that you earn, or the root of relationship problems.

Listening to “inspired money” stories can positively shift our relationships with money. The more you immerse yourself in first-hand inspiring stories, the more normal and achievable “big ideas” can become.

What’s your show about?

Inspired money means making a difference, creating something bigger than oneself, and maybe even making the world a better place.

Each week we speak to an interesting guest to help listeners get inspired, shift their perspectives on money, and achieve incredible things.

It’s so much fun talking to all kinds of people about money, passions, and motivations. I hope listeners enjoy it.

Depending on listener feedback, I may add episodes where we address listener questions about investing, personal finance, and retirement.

What’s your podcasting set-up? Hardware, software, CMS, etc.

Because of my avocation as a musician, I use gear that I already own. Most of my interviews are done at work.

I use Skype with a mix minus set up – Sennheiser e935 dynamic microphone, QSC Touchmix–16 mixer, and Microsoft Surfacebook.

I record intros/outros at home using a condenser mic, Apogee Duet audio interface, and an iMac.

I edit in GarageBand using Sennheiser HD280 and Sony MDR7506 headphones.

How have you promoted your podcast?

80% of my effort is on creating high-quality content. With the remaining 20%, I promote the podcast to our company blog, blog subscribers, and email list.

Our blog content is different from the podcast so I hope the two will complement each other. We post announcements about new episodes to Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.

I also maintain a goal of appearing as a guest on other podcasts to share the Inspired Money story with other audiences.

What do you know now that you wish you knew when you started?

Podcasting is hard! It is fun, but it is not easy.

No activity has ever required such a diverse set of skills and time management.

When you do everything yourself, the title of podcaster actually means booker, researcher, host, interviewer, editor, audio engineer, producer, and promoter.

It can be long hours and exhausting.

Lucky for me, a friend who has published over 550 episodes told me, “If you’re going to launch a podcast, commit to doing it consistently for one year. It’s a long game so be prepared.”

Indeed, those are wise words and I am committed.


If you’ve been looking for a way to shift your relationship with money or be inspired to look at money differently, Inspired Money is for you! Subscribe!


Did you have hopes of using another medium to expand your message? Are you ready to start podcasting? We would love to support your process: sign up for our FREE Podcasting QuickStart or if you’re ready, we’d love to for you to host your media with us.

Search

Categories

Archives

Free Podcasting Quick-Start

Join one of our free webinars and start podcasting!

Ready to start podcasting?

Check out the Libsyn plans and features.