THE FEED GROUP CHAT ON VOXER! Copy and paste this URL into your desktop browser to join the group! If you have troubles reach out to @yogeek on Voxer.
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :11
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Advanced TV Herstory2:27
- How to get your voice on the show and promote yourself 6:09
- Audio feedback about Podcast Movement from Julie, from A Mother’s Quest 7:54
- PROMO 1: The Tales of Honor Podcast 9:40
- Rob & Elsie Conversation 10:15
- Elsie is back to crappy connectivity
- The exciting conversation Rob had at Podcast Movement which then turned into a sad trombone moment
- That email that you might have gotten from Apple about the administrative email address associated with your podcast is real
- iOS 11 goes live on September 19 – have you updated your new tags yet?
- GET ON IT
- Audio feedback about Podcast Movement 2017 from Tom Kelly from Elemental FM 18:44
- The most awesome tip about WHEN to send out your newsletter to your list to ask them to subscribe to your show
- Best practices on numbering your episodes
- Gentner vs Skype
- What are the best use cases for podcast transcription?
- The typical CPM for podcasters
- A nice article on Podcasting from Vice.com from David Bienenstock
- Very nice research done by Michael Stelzner from Social Media Examiner covering how podcasters monetize
- PROMO 2: The Wise Traditions Podcast 42:20
- Guess what gets you completely pulled from Apple Podcasts? Profanity
- Welcome Brooke Burke to the Libsyn family!
- A list of places to get music and sound effects for your podcast
- The iTunes ranking algorithm
- Is sound quality for the the OnPublish Facebook destination degraded? Feedback?
- How to update an episode from third party destinations
- SEO from a Libsyn Page is really good!
- There are some Libsyn destinations that don’t report back to us and have downloaded the file onto their platforms, so they are not included in your stats
- Anonymous proxy is anonymous proxy
- PROMO 3: How To Be Less Awkward 103:36
- ANNOUNCEMENT: THE STATS SYSTEM IS BEING OVERHAULED 1:04:08
- Elsie reads President of Libsyn, Laurie Simm’s letter to Libsyn and Libsyn PRO
- Rob comments about the new stats announcement
- User agent stats for downloads for the month of July and August combined
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- The Tales of Honor Podcast
- The Wise Traditions Podcast
- How To Be Less Awkward
- Advanced TV Herstory
- Julie from A Mother’s Quest Podcast
- Tom from Elemental FM
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- How Podcasting Became Hollywood’s Latest Obsession
- Creator Monetization Report 2017: How Bloggers, Video Creators, and Podcasters Make Money
- Brooke Burke’s new show!
- Elsie on The Hosting Journey
- Elsie on Yogahealer talking about her audiobook BodyThrive
- BodyThrive on Audible
- Elsie’s Emergency Excitement, her newsletter about everything
Music and sounds resources
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podcast Movement 2017
- L.A. Podfest
- National Podcast Power
- Online Learning Conference
- Rob speaking at NAB: Reaching for the Golden Mic Part 1: The Pursuit of Fame in Podcasting
- DC Podfest
- NRB Convention: Proclaim 18
- Social Media Marketing World
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE The Feed App for iOS and Android (you can send feedback straight from within the app)
- Call 412 573 1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our SpeakPipe Page!