Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :11
- Promo 1: The Chip and Cern Show 2:15
- Audio Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Curve The Cube 3:34
- Promo 2: The Book Guys 8:05
- How we feature you! 8:30
- Promo 3: Humans of Business 10:11
- Rob & Elsie Conversation 10:55
- Catching up on how Rob didn’t get the iPhone 7 right away
- Apple Podcasting News, about the App Store and titles
- Paul Colligan and no podcast support email address from Apple
- Stitcher has made some changes on how they manage and deliver RSS feeds
- LinkedIn now supports hashtags. We know you were totally waiting for that!
- Audio feedback about troubleshooting to get the best audio ever and failing a la Spiritually Bizarre 22:40
- Chris Christensen tells us about how he handles the transcripts for his show
- Podcast transcription follow up and copy pasting from Google Docs follow up from Carey from Podcast Fast Track
- There is a way that you can have your podcast downloaded even in countries that do not want explicit content! Audio feedback 33:29
- What do you do about ads in your podcast and your podcast in YouTube? Audio feedback 37:47
- Elsie loves Castro 2! And she tells us all about it
- Are those download numbers from Product Hunt for real? We give you the scoop
- Why your podcast’s survey is so important and why you shouldn’t promote it via social media
- Are mobile download numbers going up and browser listens going up?
- Peeps! Verify your YouTube account before you set up your destination!
- We don’t really wanna exactly how obsessed you are about your stats
- There was a WIRED article about what made podcast fiction a thing and it was wrong. We tell you what’s up
- What’s with the random upticks to stats? Audio Feedback 1:06:27
- And we get into the Podcast Upfront numbers
- People! Stay away from Podcasts Connect! Leave it alone. Stop it!
- iTunes search results revisited aka don’t use super generic words if you wanna be found
- Rob defends his content vs marketing stance
- Pinterest for podcasters!
- Part 3 of Best Social Media Practices for Podcasters: A Lesson in Branding 1:26:23
- Why Do You Hate Us Segment from The SeaHawkers Podcast! 1:37:46
- Discussing the IAB new podcast advertising standards!
- Mean and median numbers!
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- The Chip and Cern Show
- The Book Guys
- Humans of Business
- Curve the Cube
- A from Spiritually Bizarre
- Drew from The Sleep With Me Podcast
- Carl from The Digital Convergence Podcast
- Laurie from The All About Breastfeeding Podcast
- The guys from the SeaHawkers Podcast
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- If you want Apple Podcast Support click here
- Libsyn Live about Podcast Connect and getting Apple Support for your podcast
- Castro 2
- The Journey to Night Vale: The Foundations of SFF Podcast Fiction
- Pinterest for Podcasters
- What is a Brand Anyway
- The Difference Between Marketing and Branding
- Defining Your Brand: The First Step In Your Marketing Strategy
- IAB-Edison Research Podcast Advertising Study
- 65% of Listeners Are Likely to Buy a Product After Hearing an Ad in a Podcast
- Podcast Metrics Guidelines
- Rob Walch on Podcast Motor
- Rob Walch on Marketing Speak
Where is Libsyn Going? (In Real Life)
- Podfusion the workshop put on by She Podcasts!
- DC Podfest
- Training 2017 Conference
- Proclaim 17
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.