025 Content vs Promotion What’s More Important? Networks and Discoverability Won’t Help You Grow Your Audience and Stitcher News
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro :12
- Promo 1: ZENcommuter 3:19
- On the Libsyn Blog 3:50
- Promo 2: The No Sleep Podcast 7:48
- How to get your promo and your podcast featured on The Feed! 8:19
- Promo 3: Shrink Wrap Radio 10:12
- Rob and Elsie Conversation 10:44
- An update to the Libsyn HTML 5 player and the podcast page template
- Best practices for marketing your podcast – question via Jacy
- Content vs Marketing? FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT 😉
- Twitter spam about podcasting? does it work?
- What are the best practices for audio promos via Chris Well from the DIY Author Podcast 32:43
- Where do you input information for the Libsyn feed via Chris Well from the DIY Author Podcast 35:28
- Question from Daniel from Melbourne about sample rates and RSS feeds
- When the first time podcasting was used on radio – for real this time
- Networks are not going to help your podcast discussion
- Discoverability will only do so much for your podcast discussion
- Should there be cause for concern about the Stitcher TOS?
- The latest cool releases from the Stitcher App!
- Stats, stats, stats update
- Jason Bryant from the Short Time podcast feedback 1:16:16
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
Newest Articles on the Libsyn Blog and Podcasting Links
- Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Dark Angels and Pretty Freaks
- Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: Masacote
- Libsyn Live Event #5
- Libsyn Live Podcast
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- Mommy’s Cocktail Hour Promotion for 100th Episode in Instagram
- Mommy’s Cocktail Hour Podcast
- Support post on basic RSS management
- Feeder Software
- WorldTalk Web Radio 9/18/04 Rob Greenlee’s radio show where the term podcast was used on the radio (link is to MP3) and where they discuss podcasting on 9/25/04
- Brooks Review article commenting on Marco Arment’s article
- Marco Arment’s article about networks and podcasting success
- Outdoor Adventure Podcasts featured by Stitcher
- Android Auto
- Joe Materese on America’s Got Talent!
- Fixing Joe with Joe Materese
- Rob on the Podcasting Gear show talking about his Skype set-up and other tech items
- Elsie on Biz Women Rock talking about the art of podcasting
- She Podcasts 006: All About Donations for Non-douchey Podcasters
- The Podcast Movement
- LA Podfest
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to The Feed: The Official Libsyn Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.