006 Jon Baber Interview From WWPD, Tips For Making The Subscription Model Work And Changing The Name Of Your Podcast
Quick Episode Summary:
- Intro + Housekeeping :15
- First Promo- Omega Tau Podcast 2:21
- On the Libsyn Blog, Podcamp Pittsburgh and the As Heard On Plug-in 2:50
- Second Promo- Rouge Radio 8:35
- Interview with Jon Baber from WWPD 9:08
- Third Promo- Jeff Resnik 29:36
- Rob, Sarah and Elsie talk all about the subscription model and MyLibsyn 30:11
- Rob and Elsie catch up on feedback and the latest on Podcasting 49:27
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- Omega Tau Podcast
- Rouge Radio
- Jeff Resnik
- Cool The Feed deep voice by professional voice talent Chuck Brown
- Martine from iMake via Speakpipe
Newest Articles on the Libsyn Blog and Podcasting Links
- Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: The B2B Inbound Expert Interviews Podcast
- Rockin’ Libsyn Podcasts: The Queen and I
- Podcamp Pittsburg
- As Heard On WordPress plug-in by Dustin Hartzler from Your Website Engineer
Links Mentioned by Jon from WWPD
- WWPD Forums
- WWPD Player Services
- WWPD Premium Podcast
- The full WWPD Network
- The Bolt Action Podcast
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob, Elsie and Sarah
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback 🙂
- How To Start a Fancast
- Slicing Away, With the Driest Eye in the House
- What Showcasing @Libsyn Podcasters can Teach about Community Building
- Setting up a podcast station on your iOS device.
- How to get into Libsyn4 video
- MyLibsyn: the way to create a subscription model for your podcast!
- Episode 152 of The Audacity to Podcast which mentions Libsyn4 plus other awesome podcasting tools
Changing of ownership of your Libsyn feed:
The original owner from the registered email would first cancel out their subscription in billing.
Then emails firstname.lastname@example.org – and tells them the email address they want to give ownership over to.
And then support assigns the new email and deletes out the old email – and the new owner logs in and updates the billing.
What cities are in the city part of Libsyn stats – or how granular do we go
There are 210 DMA’s – which is why if any one looks at their city stats – you would see 211 listed if you look all time – and have a decent following. The 211’th is Unknown – no all requests come in with City level info.
How to update your feed in Stitcher
Anyone needing to update their RSS feed will need to send Stitcher the new feed.
Quick email to email@example.com with the new address and it will be swapped out!
Setting up a podcast station on your iOS device
Click on My Stations at the bottom of the Podcasts app. Then tap “New Station” upper right.
Then give the station a title – and then select the shows from the list of shows you are subscribed to – and yes you do need to be subscribed to the show as it only gives you the options for shows from the list of your subscriptions in the podcasts app.
In iTunes 11.1 – there is now support for syncing your Podcast station info to iCloud and sharing between devices. So you can start listening the Feed on the car ride home on your iPhone and then finish listening later in bed on your iPad.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share #TheFeed with your twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!